Welcome to the YMCA O'Brien Center, where there's something for everyone.
The YMCA O'Brien Center is a partnership between City of South Bend Venues Parks & Arts and YMCA of Greater Michiana. If you’re looking for a gym with members of all fitness levels you’ve come to the right place. YMCA O'Brien Center provides a welcoming and community-based environment, giving you the confidence to begin your fitness journey. For more than 100 years, the Y has contributed to the lives of thousands of people of all ages, races, religions, and economic backgrounds. This partnership will allow our two organizations to maximize resources and best serve the South Bend community.
As a member, you’ll have all this at your fingertips:
- FREE Group Exercise Classes
- FREE Childwatch with a Household Membership
- FREE Strength Training Instruction and Equipment Orientations
- Open Basketball, Open Pickleball, and Family Gym Time
- Strength Center with14 Paramount strength training machines and a full line of free weights
- Cardio Center with 34 Precor cardiovascular machines including stair climbers, cross trainers, elliptical machines, treadmills, and exercise cycles with Polar heart rate monitors. Treadmills and AMT’s have screens with capability of watching Netflix, personalized workouts, and tracking your progress.
- Access to most YMCAs nationwide
- Dry Sauna
- Climbing Wall
- Flat-screen TVs
- No Contracts
YMCA O'Brien Center Membership Rates
|Membership Type||Join Fee||Monthly Fee
No annual fee. No contract.
If you choose to pay annually.
|Young Adult (20-28)||$30||$30||$360|
|Single Parent Household||$50||$48||$576|
- New/Renewing (over 30 days inactive) memberships are subject to a join fee.
- Household membership includes one or two Adult(s) and legal dependent(s) at the same address.
- For couple, household, single parent, and senior couple memberships, members must reside in the same household. Verification is required.
- Membership dues withdraw monthly on the 10th.
- Changes to membership must be made prior to the first day of the month it is to take effect.
- Dependents ages 20-26 must be enrolled in school. Otherwise, they are considered an additional adult. *Additional Adult Add-On Fee applies, see rate above.
- Military and School Employees must show ID to receive pricing.
YMCA O'Brien Center Guest Pass Rates
|Day||Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||Week 4|
Guest passes can be purchased at Member Service.
Sunday 9:00 AM-2:00 PM
Monday 5:00 AM-9:00 PM
Tuesday 5:00 AM-9:00 PM
Wednesday 5:00 AM-9:00 PM
Thursday 5:00 AM-9:00 PM
Friday 5:00 AM-9:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM-4:00 PM
8:00 AM-12:00 PM
4:00 PM-8:00 PM
7:00 AM-12:00 PM
The Y closes on major holidays:
New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
The Y will close early on:
Christmas Eve (12:00 PM)
New Year's Eve (3:00 PM)